2019 Port-Promoted Events
- March 28, 2019: National Geographic Live: Photographer Thomas Peschak, The Washington Center for the Performing Arts
- June 14-16, 2019:
- Music on the Plaza, July 3, 2019:
- July 31 - August 4, 2019: Thurston County Fair, Thurston County Fairgrounds
- August 2, 2019: Music on the Plaza,
- August 3, 2019: Olympia Brew Fest,
- August 30 - September 1, 2019: Harbor Days, Percival Landing &
The Port of Olympia may provide community advertising and promotion support to qualifying organizations to be used for events and other activities that will positively market the Port and Port businesses, and the Port’s mission to support trade, tourism and economic development. Requests will be made in writing, using the application form, consistent with written procedures developed in accordance with this policy. Funds for community advertising and promotion are included in the annual budget, which is adopted in November. The level of Port participation will be tailored to match the anticipated benefit to the Port.
In order for the activity to be eligible for funding, all of the following must be met:
- Provide prominent advertising or promotion opportunities for the Port.
- Positively markets the Port’s mission to support trade, tourism and economic development.
- Aligns with the Port's mission and promotes the maritime, shipping, aviation, commercial, industrial, or other business of the Port.